sal has written about the situation we’re dealing with right now.

after we got over being upset at animal control coming over…we were ready to resign ourselves to having to let these babies go…

then we tried to come up with ways of getting them foster care…but found out all the organizations are full – 9 foster-homes in one of them, with 112 cats to go around (and they’ve got dogs as well, of course)…

my sister can’t help…and she’s not in VA anymore – so doesn’t have access to the cat-lady on the farm with over 50 cats.

today, for the first time, we realized they really are still nursing. it’s now clear that there is the grey mother (white paws)….with her three kittens: an all-black, a grey (white paws), and a tabby.

what we have now discovered, is that the kittens like to sleep in the crook of sal’s dad’s outdoor canopy.

today, after i saw the tabby and the black one nursing, they all were up in the canopy (picture there being a cute lump on the side right where the long bars are). they get up there by climbing the fence and jumping over the fir trees.

i saw them out of willow’s window – right above the canopy. i thought these babies were much older than they obviously are. they’re smaller than i thought, (lying prone when nursing makes them look older), and are obviously only a month old or so.

so sal talked to her best friend, who has taken strays in before…

her sister knows some people with a farm who take in cats…and another sister knows of a place in NY state where for a nominal fee, they will house the cats for you.

our vet has already said she will give us a discount if we take them there. sal’s friend has said she’ll help financially – she is a good-hearted cat-lover.

we’ve thought about keeping one kitten – it would probably be the tabby, being as willow’s a semi-tabby herself. not logical, but there ya go.

being that the condo is empty right now, we could house them for the meantime. then they’d get used to people as we’ll be over there working on the place.

we still don’t know what to do with our housing situation. we keep making the “final decision”. i guess that’s for another post…it’s so difficult…drawn out…

i’ll know tomorrow what’s happening with the cats. either we’re going to trap them and sort this out…or we’re going to have to leave it up to animal control. that is something we’re determined not to do, but a lot is riding on the expected phone call.

pray/bless these babies…and hope for the best.

Advertisements